Monday, June 17, 2013

My Hair and I

Having grown up with soft and beautiful straight hair, I was pretty upset to find my hair FRIZZING while entering the teenage years. Hair gel and ponytails were all I knew during those awkward years. While my friends were learning new hairstyles and different braids, I was the one constantly trying to wet my hair and keep the frizz down (even if it did pop back up 5 seconds later). I tried about a billion different shampoos and conditioners, stopped blowdrying my hair, bought new hairbrushes, but nothing ever changed.

The awkward days.

I'll never forget my first hair straightener (you know, the original Conair non-ceramic straigtener), it worked like magic, even if it did take a whole 45 minutes. And while the heat probably only damaged my hair even more, I eventually learned of Heat Protectant spray and slowed down the split-end damage. 

It wasn't until high school that I learned about Mousse and its amazing effect on my crazy hair. I was finally able to keep the waves and volume, minus the frizz. It's the one product that I always swear by. And although there are several different brands of Mousse, the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly smells amazing (like all their other products) and lasts ALL day.

Mousse Waves

My most recent find has been the Microfiber Towel! It's great for those with curly or wavy hair by reducing the frizz, drying your hair faster, and keeping the natural waves or curls. I bought Aquis Mimi's Diva Dryer Hair Towel because of its size and my long hair, but there are plenty other brands that work just as well.

New find!

To this day, I struggle with my crazy hair. It definitely has a mind of its own, but over the years I've learned to appreciate the waves and its ability to hold a curl (when curled) or stay straight (when straigtened). There will always be days of humidity, but that's what bad hair days are for, right? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!