Sunday, June 9, 2013

Recap from First Thursday at South Congress

So if you're from Texas, you've probably heard about Austin at one point or another. It's known for being the "Music Capital of the World" and that it is, along with a bunch of delicious eateries, vintage shops, and beautiful parks. And while you may have heard crazy stories about 6th Street, South Congress has also been a popular destination among other tourist attractions. As an Austin gal, I've learned to appreciate the fun events around town, including the popular First Thursday event of every month. You can always find amazing LIVE music, eat at some delicious LOCAL restaurants, explore some awesomely WERID Austin stores, get FREE hugs, or check out some beautifully HANDMADE items along South Congress.

Beautiful view of SoCo, isn't it?
Being back home for the first thursday of June, I decided to make a visit to South Congress (SoCo) with my madre. Not only was the weather perfect, but my favorite SoCo store, Maya was having free giveaways and beverages!!! And although my raffle ticket was just ONE number off, I didn't think changing the number 4 to 8 would convince the lady to let me have the giveaway bag. So with that, I decided to head over for a free beverage, of which included Southern Comfort Whiskey and lemonade. ;) For dinner, we visited Homeslice for my favorite pizza in town. I mean, is there anything better than pizza and Big Red (only the best soda from Texas!)? I think not. While walking the rest of SoCo that evening, I came across these two lovely items:

Thrifted (Similar)
I've really taken to bangle bracelets recently and couldn't pass this one by! I love the floral pattern and simple colors and at only $7, it was definitely a steal!

Thrifted (Similar)
It was pretty much love at first sight with this top, and the fact that it fit me perfectly was a total plus!

From the free beverages to the vintage shops, it was definitely a successful First Thursday! And after years of having not been, even my madre had fun. I'm already too excited for next month, but here's to hoping for more giveaways from Maya next time! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!