Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Reads and Real Men

As a proud and recent owner of the Nook, I've finally gotten back into reading! In the past, I've been too busy with school and had little time for leisure reading. With no school and summer finally here, I created a list of books I'd like to read by the end of summer. While I don't expect to finish them all, I love the idea of setting this small goal and hope to get through most of them!


With two books in the bag, I'd say I'm off to a good start, right? The Pact (Jodi Picoult) was an amazing story and I highly recommend it for mystery fans!

My latest read was Mindy Kaling's "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns)." After having read the book, I definitely feel that Mindy and I could be the BEST of friends! But seriously, we both share a love for romantic comedies, were sheltered heavily by our parents, teased multiple times a child, and hope to live happily ever after some day!


As hopeless romantics, it seems we also agree on the makings of real men. In the book, she writes a section to explain the difference between Men and Boys. And while men aren't perfect and can't always match her criteria, here's to dreaming ;) because this sounds pretty great to me!

1 comment :

  1. i read both of those nora ephron books last fall and they changed my life. i also LOVED mindy's book and it's one of my favorites to date. i've picked up girls in white dresses a ton of times, but i have a really hard time reading fiction, so i never get it. you'll have to let me know how it is!

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!