Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Surprise Vacation

So it's been a longgggg time since my last post, but guess what? I had a SURPRISE vacation and I absolutely LOVE surprises and well, vacations too! Out of the blue, my madre decided we head down to the beach. Having been home and on the job hunt for the past month, it was time for some serious RELAXATION!

It's always been a family tradition to head down to South Padre Island during the 4th of July week and visit with family. It's a great time of year to be at the beach, especially with this Texas weather! Now I could ramble on about everything that happened, but I think I'll just sum it up with the highlights and other random thoughts from my week!

Floppy Hat!

  • Watched one too many episodes of The Office, thank you Netflix!
  • Didn't get sunburned, score!
  • Remembered to wear my floppy hat everyday.
  • Went to the movies for only 1 dollar, but seriously.
  • Finally bought the perfect blue jean jacket!
  • Used the tissues from my bag for the first time in months.
  • Spent the whole night fishing and caught absolutely NOTHING.
  • Food, food, and more food.
  • Played Tennis for the first time in years and it turns out or what I keep telling myself, is that I have a KILLER serve.
  • Totally forgot about Independence day while packing and still managed to find something red, white and blue!
Although vacations are a great time to get away and enjoy yourself, I'm definitely glad to be home! Tomorrow reality returns and the job hunt continues. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!