Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Writes Like A Girl

Welcome to the first of hopefully many Favorite Blogger of the Month posts! Although a new writer, I've been a follower of numerous blogs for quite some time. I think it's a wonderful thing when I can find new bloggers through guest posts or buttons, just from visiting my daily reads. One thing leads to another and before I know it, I've got 3 new sites bookmarked. As a new blogger, I really enjoy looking through the archives and seeing how far they've all come. It's pretty inspirational if you ask me!


July's Favorite Blogger of the Month features one of my newest blog finds, writes like a girl. Now if you haven't clicked yet, please do! Nicole is a native Austinite(just like me!) and a fabulous writer. Her blog includes posts on style, feminism, Austin and growing up in your early 20s! What's great is that she will also be attending the Texas Style Council(TxSC) conference next month, so we'll have a chance to meet and I'll have made my first blogger friend! Hope you enjoy her blog as much as I do!



When and why did you decide to start blogging?

When I started blogging is actually a complicated answer. My blog has had several iterations, starting as a humor essay blog a la Mindy Kaling back in fall of 2011. In February of 2012, I did my first outfit post (it’s really embarrassing so don’t go looking for it!). After following tons of blogs on Bloglovin’, I finally got an iPhone to take outfit photos with. I found an app with a self timer and propped my phone on a bookshelf and went to town! The rest is history?

Describe your personal style.

I describe my style as hipster preppy or preppy hipster, depending on the day. I’m inspired by J.Crew catalogues, vintage store window displays, the 1960s, and Glamour Magazine.

What are some of your favorite summer staples?

My crochet-accented cutoffs, a floral dress, and a sturdy pair of sandals that transition from a park adventure to dinner somewhere nice. And snow cones. Every outfit goes well with a snow cone!

Who are some of your style influences?

Is it weird if they’re all bloggers? Kendi, Kenzie, Blair, Holly, and Mara.

How would you describe your blog in 5 words?

Open. Supportive. Feminist. Fashionably-inclined. Inspired.

What’s your favorite part about blogging?
Starting and being a part of conversations about what it is to be woman in 2013.

What’s your least favorite part about blogging?

Taking outfit photos!

What do you love most about Austin?

How nice the people are! I grew up hanging out with my dad a lot and we made friends everywhere we went just because everyone is into helping out and sharing a laugh. To anyone thinking about moving here, bring your friendly attitude or move to Dallas.


Thanks for reading Nicole's interview and make sure to look out for the next Favorite Blogger of the Month! Also, if you're a Central Texas blogger or Austinite yourself and interested in attending the TxSC conference, hurry up and register here! It's going to be an incredible experience for all bloggers and business gals alike. Registration is open for a limited time, so get your tickets now!

4 comments :

  1. This is such a fun idea! I love Nicole's blog and I look forward to learning more about yours!
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog
    GlamRocks Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad you found it! Also, I think it's awesome that you're from PA. I just graduated from Villanova, so I'll be missing the beautiful fall season!

      Delete
  2. Nicole is awesome, and I'll be seeing you at TXSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nicole! I really like your blog and I hope I can see you at txsc!

    http://standard-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!