Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August Wishlist

It may be August, but summer is still in full swing with this Texas heat. Not gonna lie, but I love the warm weather and I definitely don't mind wearing shorts for another month or two. But with fall fashion approaching and these high temps, I've found it's a tough transition with my summer pieces. I've spent the last 4 years in Pennsylvania keeping warm with heavy sweaters and big coats, but this is the first time I can experiment with fall fashion in the south. Now if you're wondering why I never did this before, I wore uniforms the majority of my life and didn't know anything about style and was much more concerned about my hair than my clothing choices. #theawkwardyears

August Wishlist
Journal || Rings & Rings || Leopard Flats || Lipstick || Dress
For some inspiration this August, I created my first Polyvore collage! It's pretty neat, am I right? I added some fashion items and a planner, mostly because I miss my college agenda and I'm sort of OCD about keeping my schedule organized. What's not to like though? The colors pop and the chevron pattern makes me want to use it everyday! Now as a fan of dark fall colors, I'm loving wine colored pieces and this dress is perfect for day to night. For the perfect accessory, I've added these fun everyday rings. While experimenting with rings lately, I've decided they're a staple to every outfit. The leopard flats are something I've always wanted to try and these flats are a steal! Thanks to these flats, I'm slowly starting to believe leopard print is a neutral. The liquid lipstick by Stila looks too good not to try. I've always been a believer in lipgloss, but I love the bright colors of lipstick and this one is a perfect combination of the two!

What are some of your August wishlist items? Do you like to keep organized with a planner or stick with a phone calendar? What are your favorite fall colors? Happy Wednesday and enjoy the rest of your week!

6 comments :

  1. we posted the exact same thing today! while everyone else is wishing for pretty fall things, we know we're in for at least another couple months of summer.

    i've never tried stilla, but i might have to now! and that dress is so pretty and the perfect color.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. #theawkwardyears is such a wonderful hashtag. I feel like everything before I got my eyebrows done for the first time absolutely falls in that category. And probably most of the things after then too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're hilarious! I actually remember you telling me that story and how your sister made you get them done. Everyone has their moments haha!

      Delete
  3. Yepp we definitely won't be wearing any fall items till like.. December (I'm from Louisiana). Oh and what is winter? I don't think we have on of those! haha... I love the leopard loafers on your wish list, I actually have my eyes on some at target right now, and I'm hoping they go on sale in a couple months :)

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we're looking at the same target flats, they're on sale right now! Get them while you can ;)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!