Monday, August 19, 2013

DIY: Daisy Floral Crown

I love flowers! All kinds really, but especially daisies. With floral crowns trending all summer, I've been tempted to create my own. I mean flowers in your hair, yes please! Wearing them on the daily? Not so sure. As much as I love the idea, it's been more of a daydream for me. To help encourage myself, I decided to just make one myself. If I'm going to put the work in, I might as well enjoy it right? As a believer of less is more, I decided to go with small and simple daisies. While I love the big floral crowns with a variety of flowers, I don't think it's something I could pull off just yet. I'm thinking of holding off for the big flowers until fall, but we shall see. ;) For now, I'm proud of my floral crown and hope you enjoy my first DIY!



1. Cut piece of floral wire that can fit around head 3 times.
2. Twist floral wire to sturdy the crown.
3. Cut 3 - 4 inches of floral wire and head of flower with 1 inch of stem.
4. Twist wire around top of stem and the crown.
5. Use the pliers to hold the wire around the stem and crown.
6. Twist the remaining wire around the stem.
7. Cut or tear off 1 - 2 inches of floral tape.
8. Tape around the stem to hide the wire.
9. TA-DA, first flower complete!

Feel free to add as many flowers as you like! I covered about 3/4 of my crown and left the back empty because my hands hurt and I was tired. I might go back and complete the rest, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Pair it with some beachy waves or loose curls for a vintage look and voila! Let me know if you have any questions or don't understand something, I know it can be a bit confusing.

Happy Monday!

Warning: If like me, you're not as gifted at DIY's, please be prepared for a LONG project as this was a major challenge.

5 comments :

  1. i love this! i've been wanting to make a flower crown that is more crown-like, rather than a headband. i realized the other day that i actually have some floral wire, so that's one less thing i need to buy! now i just need to pick what color flowers i want to use...

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT!!! It kind of took a long time, but totally worth it :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I love this! I have really been meaning to do a flower crown of my own for some time now. Totally pinning this! :)

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and all the stuff you can get really cheap but at shops they can be a bit expensive

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!