Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Festival Chic






Floral Crown: DIY || Crochet Top: Macy's || Bandeau: Ross  || Shorts: Old Navy || Belt & Sandals: Forever 21
After putting in the hard work to create my Daisy Floral Crown, I decided I ought to wear it! Trying to match an outfit to a hair accessory turned out to be more difficult than imagined. Turns out, daisies go with pretty much everything. Too many choices doesn't help an indecisive Melissa. So instead of staring at my closet, I decided to theme it up a little and go from there. With floral crowns trending at music festivals this summer, I decided to try a festival chic look even if I've never been to a music festival or anything. Sticking with blue on blue, I wore my new crochet top with an old bandeau. As if the flower crown needs any help, I added some white sandals and a belt for some extra color. And last but not least, my hair. For every few bad hair days, comes a good one right?. This was one of those lucky days. After waking up with a middle part and some loose waves, it was meant to be!

I took a chance with Festival Chic, now it's your turn! How do you style your floral crown? Have you ever been to a music festival? What are some of your favorite festival pieces?

8 comments :

  1. I'm jealous of your hair, it has so much body!

    I tend to wear something pretty plain if I go to a music festival... but I also haven't been to one in several years. If I went now, I'd want to wear a bandeau under an oversized muscle tank top, shorts, and boots, and of course the typical flower crown!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After looking at more festival fashion trends, it seems boots are a staple! I really need to invest in a pair already. And you could totally pull off a flower crown, it'd be perfect with your short hair :)

      Delete
  2. It's perfect for a festival! You hit the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shutupppppp you are SO cute in your flower crown! You should use one of these pictures for your little about me picture on your page! I feel like it goes with the "blushing dreamer" kinda theme :)

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ps: your hair is super gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle!! I've actually been thinking about changing my picture, so thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  4. Love this festival look Melissa. I'm a comfort kinda gal for the most part, so a cute loose dress and a pair of boots are ideal for me! I'll have to try your flower crown tutorial though, because I've yet to add one to my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina, the flower crown goes with everything!

      Delete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!