Friday, August 23, 2013

Green Smoothie

Eating healthy isn't always easy, especially when meals are bland or just plain gross. As a picky eater, my pantry is limited to the basics. With that said, it's difficult trying to make sure I get my daily servings of this and that. Coming upon this smoothie at a local coffee shop in Pennsylvania, I felt as if I hit the jackpot! Veggies and fruits in one delicious drink, I'll take that please.
Similar to my Green Apple Chicken Salad recipe, I memorized the short list of ingredients to make it for myself. The original smoothie included some extra ingredients, but being picky and all, I've listed them as optional. Now if you're worried about tasting the spinach and/or kale, the banana will take care of that! Trust me, I was hesitant at first, but the fruit really does the trick. Now please bear with me during the directions, the specific layering of the ingredients helps to blend the smoothie a little better.
  
Ingredients:
1 Cup of Spinach
1 Cup of Kale
1/2 Cup of Sliced Bananas
1/3 Cup of Blueberries
3/4 Cup of Almond Milk
4 Small Ice Cubes
2 Tbsp of Almond Butter or Peanut Butter (Optional)
1 Scoop of Whey Protein (Optional)

Directions:
1. Prepare the fresh ingredients.
2. Pour the Almond Milk into a blender.
3. Add in 2 ice cubes and half of the fruit.
4. Add in half the Spinach and Kale.
5. Add in the 2 remaining ice cubes.
6. Add in the remaining fruit and greens.
7. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients and ice cubes are crushed.
8. Sit back and enjoy your green smoothie!
Hope you enjoyed this quick recipe and feel free to add your own favorite fruits or veggies, the options are endless with a green smoothie! Let me know what you think of the recipe! Do you have any favorite smoothie recipes? What extra ingredients would you add? Have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!