Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tale of a Bad Hair Day

We all have them, unless you're a Disney princess or born with soft and shiny locks that never frizz. And if you've got princess hair, well, I'm sure you still have off days too. It's usually one of three things:

1. You woke up with horrible hair to begin with.
2. You tried something new and it failed.
3. Or like me, you convinced your morning self your bedhead hair was gorgeous and a few hours later, you're like "what was I thinking?!"

Now I've mentioned my hair before, but yesterday was just one of those days. I woke up with soft waves and hardly any frizz a little mousse couldn't fix. Instead of straightening my hair as planned, I added some mousse and proceeded to make the biggest mistake brushed my hair. Before I knew it, I felt like a starlet with vintage waves! To keep those waves held, I threw my hair up a bun and headed off to work. A couple hours later, I walked into the ladies room and great, return of the frizz, turns out the mousse wasn't helping after all. Oh and my part felt like changing direction, yippee. So returning to middle school Melissa, I added some water. What's a girl to do when she has no mousse at hand? Yes, it did pop back up, but I at least I was able to convince myself it was a little less frizzy. But unlike middle school Melissa, I now know a variety of braids! Throughout the day I tried a side braid, added water, a french braid, added water, a braided bun, added water, a fishtail braid, added water, and another side braid before I gave up.

http://weheartit.com/jennylane/sets/464338-quotes
By the end of the day, I figured I was just being over dramatic and decided to let it loose for the evening. After all the braids, my hair picked up some nice waves anyway. Sometimes my hair goes full circle. Do you ever have days like that? What are your go-to hairstyles to save the day?

6 comments :

  1. I just started wearing my hair curly this year after having a pixie cut. Wearing it curly hid my bad growing out phase but oh my gosh does it get frizzy. Mostly just in the summer, and there's no combination of products that seems to eliminate the frizz unless I'm inside all day. I'm with you. I long for frizz free hair all year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough sometimes, so we have to embrace those good days, when they come :)

      Delete
  2. I also throw my hair in a braid. I've just learned how to do a fishtail braid which kinda helps me with a bad hair day or whenever Im running late.


    xx Nat

    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, fishtail braids are a cute and easy fix to any bad hair day!

      Delete
  3. When all else fails I put on a hairband. In the summertime to avoid the frizz I pull all my hair to one side and braid it. Sometimes I make a side bun with a part on the side because it can hide some of the frizz if I pull the sides down tight enough. Yeah, none of those Disney princesses have curly hair though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to play the hairband trick all the time, but I'm really liking the side braid!

      Delete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!