Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Classic LBD

Over the weekend, I decided to go shopping for the perfect planner. But it ended up as one of those shopping trips. The ones where you're focused on finding just that one item, and instead come out with something completely different or more. Well, it seemed those Back to School kiddos took all the good stuff and left me with nothing. Even the local bookstore had little to choose from. While walking around though, I came upon Audrey Hepburn's classic LBD from Breakfast at Tiffany's on a book titled "The Little Black Dress" by Amy Holman Edeman. I instantly wanted this book! I've slowly began collecting some coffee table books for my "some day apartment" and this book was the perfect addition. From Coco Chanel to Cruella De Vil, the book covers everything you've ever wanted to know about the history and influences of the Classic LBD.


After flipping through pages of gorgeous dresses, I came to realize I have yet to purchase my own LBD. As a major staple for women of all ages, this is something I need in my closet. I want something that transitions easily from day to night, comfortable and flattering, and appropriate for work. Is that too much too ask? I hope not, but I suppose only time will tell.

Little Black Dress Inspiration

Now I know I haven't found a planner yet, but finding a LBD is just as important, right? Here's to hoping my next shopping trip includes a planner and LBD, and only those two items ;) For now, I've picked some of my favorites for inspiration! How many of these black beauties are in your closet? Do you prefer short or long? Let me know how you style your LBD!

4 comments :

  1. I have a few LBDs but I don't really wear black often. I have one with longer sleeves for the winter and one that's more like a sundress.

    P.S. - I'm a planner JUNKIE and I use Erin Condren's planners and Moleskine planners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mia! I'm definitely going to check those out :)

      Delete
  2. I can't thank you enough for sharing this post! I'm in the market for a new black maxi and that center one (left) from H&M is perfect and will leave plenty room for my belly to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it :) A maxi dress would be perfect and still comfortable!

      Delete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!