Friday, August 2, 2013

Today's the Day!

It's here. It's finally the day. And all I can think is I'm FREAKING OUT! You may have noticed the button on my sidebar at one point, but I'm attending the Texas Style Council Conference in my beautiful hometown, Austin. I've been waiting for this event all summer long and now it's here. I apologize in advance for the over exaggeration but this is kind of a BIG DEAL. It's also part of the reason I started this blog. Although it's not required you attend as a blogger, I felt it'd be an opportunity to finally start that new years resolution and actually register with a blog title. Many of my favorite bloggers were attending and what a better way to meet them? I'm so overwhelmed by all the amazing speakers and workshops, but I couldn't be more excited!

Texas Style Council

I've been planning for this event for quite some time now. I've been doing my homework on the speakers ahead of time, planning my outfits for each day and the prom, writing out my schedule and choosing the workshops I want to attend, however there's just one little detail I'm most nervous about: the fact that I know no one attending! And I'm not going to lie, I'm a real introvert and can get intimidated quite easily. Sometimes it comes off wrong, but I truly mean well. This conference is going to be a big challenge, but I'm so excited to meet new bloggers and friends!

http://bravegirlsclub.com
In honor of the conference, I've decided to challenge myself as both a person and blogger. While I'm shy by nature, I'm not going to let it get the best of me. I plan on introducing myself to some of my favorite bloggers and trying not to act all awkward from being starstruck bloggerstuck(yeah, I just made that word up). I'm going to be ME and wear whatever I like, not because it's the most trending item, but because I feel 100% me! Even as I'm writing this, I am currently second guessing everything I planned on wearing. However, I'm going to challenge myself to stick with my original choices! And last of all, I want to take advantage of every opportunity this weekend! That includes volunteering for the unknown, attending the workshops most relevant to my blog, networking with those sponsors/businesses, and writing a crazy amount of notes for help in the future!

http://youbroketheinternet.tumblr.com
Today's events include a Solo Happy Hour and a Style Swap! I'm super excited for both and hope to see some of y'all there! If you see me in the corner fidgeting with my hair, come say hi! I've got my two articles of clothing packed, a book I hope someone will love just as much as I did, my business cards and an extra pair of shoes(you just never know)! With TxSC this weekend, I'll most likely be MIA for the weekend and the next few days for recovery. I'll definitely be on Twitter and Instagram, so look out for updates! And if I'm feeling super ambitious, who knows? Maybe I'll write a recap post on Monday! 

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!