Monday, August 26, 2013

Triple Max Tons

With August coming to an end, it's time for my Favorite Blogger of the Month post! This month's favorite blogger features Kirsten of Triple Max Tons(the first blog I ever followed). Just two years ago, I was studying abroad in beautiful España! I had recently discovered Pinterest, along with some pins from her blog. After feeling sort of homesick, it was exciting to see she was from Austin and wrote posts on local activities, along with fun style and beauty posts! Since then I was hooked and inspired to start my own lifestyle blog. The best part is I finally had the opportunity to meet Kirsten at TxSC! Now she may have been a little taller than expected, but she's just as sweet and genuine as her blog! Now go on and check out Triple Max Tons!


When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I had just moved to Boston with my husband, and was working part-time from home and didn’t know a soul. With a little free time on my hands, I decided to take the leap into bloggerdom. I had no clue what I was doing in those early days - but that was part of the fun of it. Finding my groove, and constantly redesigning the site as it evolved (this is the 6th design scheme….crazy!)

Describe your personal style.

Oh gosh, that’s a tough one since I’m a bit all over the board but I always lean towards casual classics with a twist - like chino shorts in a blinding neon pink, anything with stripes and sequins,  skinny jeans in dark washes or white,  pencil skirts in cobalt blue, basic black pants with edgy zipper details. I like to mix feminine pieces (lacy tanks, for example) with rough-and-tumble styles (hello, moto jacket)….looking prim and polished just isn’t my thing.

What are some of your favorite transition pieces for summer to fall?

Anything army green, classic skinny jeans, ankle booties and scarves. I’m a bit of a scarf hoarder. Oh, and leather. I might get flour bombed by PETA for saying that, but I’d say it’s worth it for a classic leather jacket or handbag made from buttery leather. My most favorite jacket is a cheap ‘leather’ one I got at UO a few years back, and it’s totally falling apart. I’m devastated about it, and wish I had just invested in a quality one to begin with.

Where do you find inspiration for new blog posts?

I recently started doing more outfit posts, so my closet is definitely a starting point. Aside from that, working on South Congress is certainly inspiring -  it’s a street style photographers paradise, and working at two amazing fashion boutiques certainly keeps the sparks flying for content ideas.

How would you describe your blog in 5 words?

Design, life and pretty things. That is pretty generic….I think I just described 85% of girly blogs on the Internet. I need to work on that one!

What’s your favorite part about blogging?

Definitely meeting other creative ladies sharing their style and stories, and pushing myself to learn new skills. Before blogging, I couldn’t tell you what CSS was or anything about Photoshop. Eventually, I went on to freelance as a graphic designer. Never would have happened if not for blogging!

What’s your least favorite part about blogging?

I really struggle with the work-life-blog balance. It’s something I haven’t quite nailed since I started my new job. I’m a slow-poke when it comes to writing posts, so it takes a pretty big chunk of time for me to get a new entry up. ..which is why posting has been a bit light these days!

What do you love most about Austin?

While Austin isn’t the most fashion forward city, I really do like the laid-back and creative style here.  Sometimes I think I’m the only person that doesn’t have a tattoo in this town! I also love Zilker Park and the Greenbelt...it’s so refreshing to have such a lush (ok, maybe not lush since it’s been so dry and hot here!) green smack dab in the middle of the city. If I ever need to unwind, it’s the best place to go for a hike, throw a frisbee, and just think.  I still haven’t been to Barton Springs, which is definitely on the docket. I’m a little afraid of the swampy bottom though, haha! There are also some pretty good eats here - John and I recently went to Epicerie, and I am totally smitten with it. Lick Ice Creams is also a fun place to cool off in the summer.

Thanks for reading Kirsten's interview and hope you enjoy reading her blog just as much! You can check out a few of my favorite posts from Triple Max Tons here, here, and here. Hope y'all have a great week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!