Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall 2013 Makeup Trends

http://www.fauske.com/sites/default/files/Cosmetics%20Low%20Res.jpg
So I don't know very much about makeup. Growing up, I played with lipgloss and tried out mascara, but that was the extent of it. While my friends were playing with black eyeliner and sparkly eyeshadow, I was still trying to fix my hair. Oh, the priorities in life...but I digress. To this day I stand by lipgloss and my eyelash curler. Sure I still have eye shadow colors and mascaras, but if I'm being completely honest, my free makeup kit from Seventeen Magazine isn't going to last forever - don't judge.

I've flipped through a handful of magazines and seen several video tutorials, but never felt inspired enough to actually try them out. There have always been products I've wanted to try, but do I really have to spend more than $20 on a single lipstick? Sorry, but I'd rather purchase multiple lipsticks from a local drug store for a fraction of the price.

I started this post with the intention of sharing my history with makeup and new ideas for fall, but then returned to my original thoughts about makeup. While checking out the makeup trends from NYFW, I saw some gorgeous looks and some "seriously, what were they thinking?" looks. Don't get me wrong, I still want to try new looks, but some of these trends might be too adventurous for a girl like me, with zero makeup experience. So in the end, I decided to share my thoughts on the makeup trends. Enjoy!





Cat Eye: This trend is a classic. It plays up your eyes while adding a bit of a dramatic look. While I would probably stick with neutral colors, I'm loving the shades of purple!

Orange Eyeshadow: Not feeling this trend, but I've also never been a fan of these colors. It makes me look like I've been sick for days, but that's just me. Give me some dark orange or tan colors, and I'd definitely go for it!

Bright Red Lips: Another classic look is the red color. The rest of the model's makeup is simple with light mascara and eyeliner. You can never go wrong with some red lipstick! 

Wine Hued Lips: I don't know how I feel about this look. Now I love me a good glass of wine, but this looks a bit more vampire to me.  I'd rather go with a bold lip look instead of the "hued" trend, or maybe try another color altogether. 

What do you think of the Fall 2013 Makeup Trends? What are some of your favorite makeup products for fall? Where do you find inspiration for new makeup ideas? Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend y'all!

Picture Credits: 
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup-articles/fall-2013-makeup-trends

6 comments :

  1. I wish I could pull off weird eyeshadow colors like orange and purple, but I have bad undereye circles so it always looks like I have a black eye! (And I'm not just saying this... people have asked me before!)

    My fave trend is bold lips, though the wine-tinted lip isn't for me. It reminds me of the 90s grunge look, which is awesome, but not my style personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, it just doesn't look good around my eye area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always a couple of makeup looks from Fashion Week that I absolutely love, but mostly the makeup (and clothes) is unwearable day to day for the everyday gal. There's a lot of great drugstore makeup out there, so don't feel pressured into buying expensive products, especially if you're still a makeup novice! I've been thinking about doing a guide to drugstore makeup, so now I think I definitely will!


    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should! I'm sure other girls and myself would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love red lips for fall :) great post!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, it's definitely my favorite makeup trend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!