Friday, September 27, 2013

Sea of Blooming Dreams

I don't know about you, but September has flown by! It's hard to believe the holidays are just around the corner. But before we head into October, it's time to present my favorite blogger of the month: Erica from Sea of Blooming Dreams. I stumbled upon Erica's blog right before the Texas Style Council conference. We both happened to share the same Instagram picture and then someone liked someone's pic, and before I knew it I was skimming through her blog posts. Sea of Blooming Dreams has a lovely variety of everything from fun and feminine style posts, creative DIYs, delicious recipes and more! I was lucky enough to meet Erica the first night of TxSC and had so much fun hanging out with her the rest of the weekend. By the end of it all, I had made a new best friend!

TxSC Prom Party
Ever since the conference, I've been following her blog for fun hair tutorials and outfit inspiration. A couple of my favorite posts from this month can be found here and here. Make sure and check out Sea of Blooming Dreams, you'll be glad you stopped by!

Sea of Blooming Dreams
When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I started blogging about 2 1/2 years ago. I got to this point in my life where I had stopped caring about my appearance. I was at a job where I didn't see anyone all day, so I wouldn't get dressed up at all. After a good year or so of just rolling out of bed and getting dressed, I started reading blogs. The blogs that I looked at pretty much inspired me to want to get out of my rut and start dressing the way I wanted to. I started my blog to keep myself accountable and now I love getting all dressed up!

Describe your personal style.

I can't say that I have an exact personal style. I'm definitely a skirts and heels kind of girl. I just want to have fun with whatever I'm wearing. Sometimes I'll go out in my galaxy leggings and spiked heels, and then the next day, wear a tutu skirt or something sparkly.

What are some of your favorite transition pieces for summer to fall?

My favorite transition piece to go from summer to fall are tights. I usually buy a bunch of different types like sheer, fishnet, or colored tights to pair with summer skirts and shorts. Polka dot tights are my absolute favorite.

Where do you find inspiration for new blog posts?

I find most of my inspiration from magazines. It's more of me seeing something in a photo that I want to try for a hairstyle or DIY post. As far as my fashion posts go, I just wear what I want. I can't really say that I look for inspiration specifically for outfits.

How would you describe your blog in just 5 words?

1. Fashionable
2. Inspiring
3. Creative
4. Fun
5. Outdoorsy

What's your favorite part about blogging?

My favorite part about blogging is being able to connect with other creative and amazing people. Other bloggers are always inspiring to meet.

What's your least favorite part about blogging?

My least favorite thing about blogging is probably the amount of time it really takes. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging, but sometimes it can be hard to balance life with blogging.

What's one piece of advice for new or aspiring bloggers?

The best piece of advice I can give is to make a schedule. Just have a planner or notebook...anything you can write in to plan ahead for blog posts. I think this is the best way to stay on track and organized. Oh and if you take your laptop from place to place like I do, make sure you have your charger. I can't tell you how many times I was on a blogging roll to realize my laptop was about to die and didn't have the charger with me.

Thanks for reading Erica's interview! Hope you enjoy visiting her blog and find some inspiration. 
Have a lovely weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!