Friday, September 6, 2013

Tie-dye Classy





I don't know about you, but my Labor Day weekend involved catching up on sleep and crazy amounts of shopping! Now I tried to purchase only Fall items, but then I reminded myself I can wear summer stuff for another month, it is Texas after all.

This dress was the perfect transition piece, a summer dress with darker colors! Aside from being comfortable, I can dress it up or dress it down. I decided to keep it simple for work and added some black wedges! Oh and did you see the back on this dress? Show me a dress with a cowl neck and I'm in. Show me a dress with a cowl back, where can I get more??? As much as I love backless dresses, I've never felt too comfortable in them. This dress shows the perfect amount of back, and even so, my hair is long enough to hide it, if needed.

Being that it's still summer in Texas, the temps are extremely high and the sun shines forever. I decided to try a photo session all by myself this week, and my goodness it was HOT. Taking advice from some of Elizabeth's Self-Photography tips, I found a quiet spot at a local park and went from there. The lighting was different than my previous shots, but I'm happy with the change. The only challenge was running back and forth between my iTouch and the scenery, but I hear they might have remotes for that...Amazon here I come! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

7 comments :

  1. I would never have guessed that these photos were done with an itouch or that you didn't take them with help. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Zilker was the perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress. Did I miss the shopping info? Where did you get it?


    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, can't believe I forgot the store info! Here's the link, also it's still on sale!

    http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?Br=F21&Category=DRESS&ProductID=2059586431&VariantID=

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Looking at it again, I think this dress would be really easy to transition with some black tights and a cool jacket. I might just have to buy this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!