Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday #4

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/364510163560843875/
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/286963807478298398/
Dancing is a favorite hobby of mine. However, as much as I love to shake and move it, I'm not the best dancer. Teach me some moves and an eight count and watch me go! Leave me in the middle of a circle on the dance floor and I'm stiff as a board. I get shy and nervous and yeah...awkward, but I digress.

As a young girl, I did the typical jazz, tap and ballet. But in the end, turns out young Melissa got bored and that was that. In a way I'm grateful. Have you seen Dance Moms? At this point, I don't know if I'm more worried about the daughters or those crazy moms. Anyways...fast forward to college and I started taking salsa lessons. My best friend and I bought one of those Groupon deals for a few classes at a local dance studio and it was the best choice we ever made! Not only did I learn some awesome moves, I also found a new love for salsa music. Luckily the dance is based off a couple simple steps, meaning I have no reason to be confused, though for some reason it still happens. While I'm not completely confident in my dancing skills, I feel like a star while salsa dancing. And when I have a dance parter who knows what they're doing, I pretend I'm Vanessa Williams from Dance with Me, even more so.

Like cooking, jogging or shopping, dancing is a fun kind of therapy. If you're stressed or feeling a bit restless, you need a hobby to put your energy into. When I'm overwhelmed or having a busy week and can't make it to salsa class, I just turn up the music at home and dance like a crazy person by myself, aka a judgement free zone. Whether it's dancing at home or salsa dancing in class, I love it all. This week's words of wisdom show you don't have to be perfect to be a great dancer. As long as you're having fun and giving it all you've got, that's what matters.

Are you a dancer? What's your favorite type of dance? Hope you enjoyed today's quotes on Dance and Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!