Thursday, October 10, 2013

Farewell Cory Monteith

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/2013-09-26-how-finn-die-cory-monteith
Music has been part of my life since day one. I'm sure growing up in the Music Capital of the World has something to do with it. Although I can't sing a single note, I'm always inspired by talented singers and musicians. I remember hearing about Glee on a TV commercial and its comparison to High School Musical, only rated PG-13. The cast was small and full of new faces, but the musical aspect drew me in.

I'll admit the story line was a bit corny, but when the characters broke out into song, I was in awe. First, these kids were triple threats. Second, Rachel Berry's voice. Lastly, I was a jealous my life didn't involve breaking into song a couple times a day. After watching a couple episodes, the characters grew on me, especially Finn Hudson. He may have just been the handsome star football player with an incredible voice, but Cory Monteith took his character to the next level. Over the years, I watched Cory's character evolve as an inspiration to kids and teenagers standing against the status quo. He was passionate about acting and it shows in every episode.

Tonight, Glee is airing a tribute episode in honor of Cory and I think we all know it will be a tear jerker. With most of my favorite TV shows, I get overly attached to characters. I was pushing for Finn and Rachael to make it, so this evening will be difficult to watch. In memory of Cory, I decided to share my top 5 favorite songs and moments from Glee. Even if you've never watched an episode, I'm sure you'll enjoy a couple of these videos.

5. Best Performance

4. Best (almost a) Monologue

3. Favorite Finn Song

2. Favorite Finchel Moment

1. Favorite Glee Song

Thanks for reading and watching. For all the Gleeks, don't forget to tune in for tonight's tribute episode!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!