Friday, October 18, 2013

High Five For Friday #1

This week has been crazy busy. Work was a bit busier, I started running farther, and my to-do list was scary to look at. Instead of stressing over the little things, I spent Wednesday night doing absolutely nothing. I went for a run, showered, ate dinner, and then plopped in bed for some Netflix until I fell asleep. It was wonderful and exactly what I needed, a relaxing break for hump day I'd say. Even though my schedule felt overwhelming, I chose to reflect on the good moments by participating in High Five for Friday with Lauren Elizabeth! It's a fun post to look back at your favorite moments of the week, enjoy!

1. New bed: My room is technically the guest room for when family visit and such, but a full size bed isn't always guest friendly. The parents decided it was time to upgrade to a queen size, especially with the Holidays coming up. All these decisions lead to a new bed for me! It's extremely comfy, but as I mentioned here, I still don't have bed sheets. Hoping this gets squared away over the weekend (hint, hint if you're reading this mom!). 

2. Simba: I took this little fella for a jog this week and he was such a trooper. I hardly take him out with me, mostly because he gets too excited and I can't keep control. This week was the first time he stayed by my side and kept his cool, especially around the other canines. From the picture you can probably see how tired he was, hence the whole tongue sticking out, but boy he did well for 2 miles! It was certainly a proud moment of the week.

3. Baking: I can check off another item on my bucket list! I finally baked some Trader Joe's Pumpkin bread and added some bananas for a twist. Two of my favorite flavors in one, yes please. Look out for the recipe post next week!

4. Profugo Wallet: As some of you may remember, I interned with Profugo last year and am a big supporter of the non-profit. After donating to the Tailoring Workshop project, I received this padded wallet. Not only is the pattern authentic and stylish, the colors are perfect for fall!

5. New Goal: This week's Words of Wisdom Wednesday was focused on setting goals. I finally decided to run a real 5K! In preparation, I stepped up my running routine this week. For my post, I added my favorite quote to a recent picture of my running attire, pink shirt on purple shorts with my not-so-colorful, but supportive shoes. Another motivation tip for fitness - buy fun and bright workout clothes!

Did you have a fun week? Share any proud or special moments?
Happy Friday lovelies and have a fabulous weekend!

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

1 comment :

  1. Melanie SutrathadaOctober 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM

    I've been really wanting to bake some Trader Joe's pumpkin bread! I'm a huge fan of Trader Joe's in general and always find myself craving everything on their shelves. How was the pumpkin bread with the banana? I'd love to make some and add some chocolate chips!

    Melanie
    Lace and Combat Boots

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!