Thursday, October 3, 2013

Leopard Chic






Sweater: Thrifted (Similar) || Pants: Old Navy || Oxfords: Target || Necklace: Macy's (Similar)
When the temperatures dropped this weekend, I had to wear my new sweater. I bought this little number at a local thrift shop over the summer. Since my closet contains zero leopard print, I figured this sweater could add some new options. After trying it on, I'm starting to believe leopard print has always been a neutral. I may be bias, but this is the most comfortable sweater top I've ever worn. Not only is this top cute and comfy, it's vintage!

From the moment I purchased this sweater, I imagined pairing it with a large necklace. I've never been too good with pairing jewelry, but I loved the way the colors bounced off each other. Speaking of color, I finally wore my first pair of suede oxfords! I'm still not sure how I feel about the color combination, but I went for it and never looked back. They're supposed to be maroon, but the lighting made them look sort of purple. Had they looked darker, I might not be questioning it. Then again, my black pants also look navy. Oh, the sun!

This may be my first look for fall, but I have so many ideas for this leopard sweater! I'm assuming it may pop up again in the next few months. How do you pair bold prints? Own any leopard print items in your closet? Let me know your tips for pairing jewelry with similar prints and colors!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!