Monday, October 28, 2013

Roar: Katy Perry Costume

Halloween is finally here! The weekend was full of Halloween carnivals, costume parties, and haunted houses. I'm no fan of haunted houses/hayrides/etc. but I love to dress up and I'm always down for candy corn. As you may have noticed in recent weeks, I prefer sticking with my favorite characters or the fun and glamorous costumes!

This Halloween, I have more than one costume, but I wanted to share this costume first! I've been a fan of Katy Perry's music for a while now, but so far, Prism has got to be my favorite album yet. "Roar" is my current favorite, plus it's just a fun and empowering song to jam to. After seeing the video, I thought her costume was perfect for Halloween. It might not be completely recognizable, but I love the idea, and I could always pass for a jungle woman, right? But can you believe my sweet madre found my costume pieces all at one thrift store? Tiger top, check; grass skirt, check; belt, check. The only piece left is the tropical flower crown. Luckily, I know how to make my own flower crown. Once I find some tropical flowers, my costume will be complete!

If you're still hurrying to find a costume, I'd highly recommend this one. The grass skirt and brown belt can be found anywhere. With animal prints trending, you're bound to find a tank or crop top with tiger/leopard print. If you don't have time to make a flower crown, check the local thrift stores or drop by the mall. It's easy enough and doesn't require a lot of extra accessories. Hope this costume idea brings you some inspiration, or helps you come up with another idea! Are you dressing up this Halloween? Got any last minute Halloween ideas? Here's to a week full of scares and treats!

2 comments :

  1. Such a cute costume idea!! You'll have to show us pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's coming along nicely so far. I'm sooo excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!