Monday, October 7, 2013

The Great Gatsby - Daisy Buchanan

The Great Gatsby - Daisy Buchanan
Dress || Headband || Shoes || Bracelet 1 & 2  || Earrings || Gloves
To celebrate Halloween, I've decided to prepare some weekly costume inspiration this month! After watching The Great Gatsby this weekend, I felt inspired to create a look for Daisy Buchanan/1920's Flapper. It's not always easy finding a flapper dress, especially one you can wear again. I've always loved dressing up for Halloween, but I find it more appealing when you can actually restyle the pieces, don't you?

Since Daisy wears mostly lace and chiffon dresses, I steered clear of the flapper dresses and found a lace dress perfect for any day of the year. The t-strap heels are classic and perfect for any nice occasion. I added some big bracelets and classy earrings for a romantic look. The feather headband might not be for everyday wear, but it's inexpensive price makes this gem a perfect costume addition. Add a small metallic clutch or neutral colored bag and you're set!

With Halloween coming soon, this look is quick and easy to put together. It may be modest, but this classy costume works for a night out with friends or passing out goodies to the little ones. So grab your pearls and step into your favorite heels for a night of fun, and possibly the charleston! Have any costumes ideas yet? Do you prefer dressing up or scaring the trick or treaters? Happy Monday and make sure to look out for next week's costume!

8 comments :

  1. This is an awesome idea for a series! Of course, I just love Halloween :) I think this year I may go as a deer... depends on if my wig gets here in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this costume!! Thanks for the inspiration :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally watched Gatsby this weekend and I LOVED IT! I don't celebrate halloween, but my friend wants to have a gatsby themed new years party and this would be perfect! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, and what a great post series. I'm not a big fan of Halloween for reasons I can't explain (I love to dress up, and I love candy, so I don't know what my deal is) so every year I'm scrambling to throw together a costume that I can wear to parties.


    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! A deer sounds like a fun idea :)...and a wig, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked it! It's so much fun coming up with classy alternatives for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree, it was so well done. A Gatsby themed party sounds like a blast, you'll have to post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Honestly, I'm sort of the same way. Halloween suddenly shows up and it's always crunch time for finding a costume!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!