Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday #8

http://p.twimg.com/AxauxABCMAApt6F.jpg:large

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/f3/e4/c4f3e42804b6ca87cb58ea4470fb3a54.jpg
http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/09/the-trouble-with-not-having-a-goal.jpg

Last week's Words of Wisdom Wednesday post really shed some light on switching up my running routine. I hadn't stopped running, but I was tired of taking the same routes. Last night I took Simba out for a jog and am happy to say he did a fantastic job(he's not well trained in the people department). In previous attempts, I was either dragged along or holding him back from other dogs. Needless to say, I'm excited for next time!

While I figure out new ways to switch up my runs, I've set a new goal. Last month I participated in a 5K color run. While the run itself was a blast, I still wanted to challenge myself and run a regular 5K without the hoopla. I recently came upon a run for a good cause here in Austin, and it's budget friendly!  To reach my goal, I made a quick plan below:

GOAL: Jog a full 5K or finish the run in less than 30 minutes.
PLAN: Build up my stamina through a series of interval training.
DREAM: Run for the Water 5K

Following the advice of today's quotes is important when setting goals, big or small. It can be tricky staying on track, but it's words like these that help me push through. Have you set any short or long term goals recently? How do you plan for reaching goals? Happy Wednesday dreamers!

*Images without credit are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!