Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Burgundy and a Braid

Shirt: Thrifted (Similar) || Pants: Old Navy || Booties: Target (Similar) || Purse: Steve Madden (Similar) || Rings: Aldo
Unlike the previous weekend's last days of summer, this weekend blew in some real winter weather. It was the perfect weekend to stay in bed, drink hot tea/cocoa, catch up on some reading and browse Pinterest for some winter outfit inspiration! Feeling a bit under the weather, I didn't get out much this weekend. But that didn't stop me from prepping outfits for the days ahead. While looking through my closet, I realized most of my shirts are light and thin. It's helpful for adding multiple layers, but sometimes it's nice to have a cozy shirt without the itchy sweater material.

This brings me to my favorite shirt of the season! I thrifted this vintage top a couple months ago and still can't get over the burgundy color(lighting makes it look brighter). I'm in love with all the deep burgundy, wine and red colors during the fall/winter season. Aside from the color, it's ridiculously warm! I've worn this top to work countless times now, and I no longer need an extra sweater to keep warm. And can we please talk about this fringe? I can't help but shake and shimmy twirl around every time I put it on. This shirt speaks for itself, so I kept it pretty simple in the accessories department with some light jewelry and small purse. For the shoes, I finally pulled out my wedge booties! These were my favorite shoes last winter and I'm hoping to wear them a few more times, sans the excessive rain recently.

What are your favorite colors to wear in the fall/winter season? Which colors will you be wearing this Thanksgiving holiday? Just two more days!!! Happy Tuesday, darlings!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!