Friday, November 8, 2013

I'll Second That


http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/fighting-body-image-hate-4-unforgettable-moments-yahoo-010313508.html

Now where are my Jennifer Lawrence fans? It's hard not to like her. She's honest, speaks her mind, and trips just as often as I do, maybe you too? I might be bias, since I love The Hunger Games and all, but she's so dang relatable and genuinely funny. She definitely stands out among today's young celebrities, but in the best way, being herself.

JLaw has spoken out about body image in the past, but this interview nailed it. "You look how you look" and it's important to be comfortable in your own skin. I couldn't agree more with her response. Calling out "Fashion Police" on promoting the "wrong values" was so important. Think about it, do you really enjoy watching celebrities being judged for some outfit and called "ugly or fat"? I mean, I definitely like watching the red carpet and flipping through style magazines, but that doesn't give me the right to bash anyone for wearing something I wouldn't choose. By watching these shows and  and accepting ideas of the perfect body type, we're allowing the media to continue influencing us. Once we learn to accept our bodies, our confidence will grow and leave us repeating JLaw's famous words, "screw those people."

http://kaleighsomers.com/2013/03/18/9-celebrity-quotes-to-get-you-through-any-body-image-anxieties/
What did you think of JLaw's interview? Do you agree or disagree with anything she mentioned? How do you keep a positive attitude about body image? Happy Friday, lovelies!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!