Monday, November 25, 2013

When I Grow Up

When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to post up flyers around our neighborhood (parents never let me...probably for the best) and tutor my friends. To get in plenty practice, I designated Spring Break as "Melissa's school week". Now what does that mean exactly? I wrote up lesson plans, printed out worksheets, and tricked my younger relatives to be my school students for a week. We studied the 50 states, had spelling tests, learned to multiply and even ran some laps in our back yard during "P.E.". It never lasted more than a couple of days, but that didn't stop me from sending out semi-official report cards. I went all out, y'all.

After a couple years and some more school, I was leaning towards a future in computers. I loved computer class and learning how to use different software programs. I was the teacher's pet who helped when the projector wasn't connecting or the internet connection got lost. I knew a good amount, but I wanted to learn more. Thus, I suffered through studied computer engineering my first year of college. Didn't work out so well. Long story short, physics was not my friend and I headed towards the Liberal Arts and Sciences path. In the end, I graduated with a BA in Communication and a minor in EspaƱol!

It's been some months now and I'm so thankful to have a job. Customer service was not what I expected after college, but I also help with editing a monthly magazine! Experience is experience, am I right? Aside from my weekly job, I've started this blog and couldn't be happier. Until now, I never enjoyed writing so much. This blog gives me a chance to express my day to day thoughts, share my favorite outfits, and try new recipes or projects. I might laugh at some of my outfits a year from now, but I'm still figuring out who I am. And sure I finished college, but that doesn't mean I'm all "grown up" yet. For now, I'm putting myself out there and taking life day by day. A lot can change in a couple weeks, months or a year. I may not know exactly what I want to be, but I do know I want to be happy.

What did you want to be when you were younger? Any fun career paths you're heading towards? Ever change your college major? I'd love to hear your stories!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!