Friday, November 29, 2013

With Luck Blog

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Can you believe November is practically over? This month has flown by and now it's time to present this month's favorite blogger: Jenn from the With Luck Blog! Back in my first months of blogging, Jenn was sweet enough to leave a comment(from a previous blogger of the month post actually!). And for all us bloggers, I think it's safe to say receiving comments can be a highlight of our day. It also gives us a chance to read a new blog! After reading some of Jenn's posts, I was hooked. Now I can't profile her blog into one single category, but it really captures a little bit of everything. From creative internet finds to her thoughts on positive communication, Jenn always creates a fun read!

WithLuckBlog

This month may have started out a little off for myself(blogging wise), but this girl was on top of her game! Even after traveling a bunch recently, Jenn had lots of creative posts! A few of my favorite posts from November are here, here, and here. After you read Jenn's interview, make sure to visit the With Luck Blog! And if I haven't convinced you enough yet, you can read about her sweet pup Allegra!

With Luck

When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I started blogging in August 2012. I had been reading a lot of craft and food blogs and stalking a lot of Pinterest and I decided that I really wanted to force myself to try making some things for myself. There’s still a little bit of those things in some posts, but WLB has definitely changed. It’s kinda funny to look back now!

Describe your personal style.

I’d say I have a pretty classic but fun style. I’m a big fan of those closet staples but I love bright, bold colors and unique details.

Where do you find inspiration for new blog posts?

I tend to write about whatever is going on in my head. When I was moving, you saw a TON of decor posts. When I’m doing a lot of shopping, we’ll see some style posts. Now that the holidays are coming there will probably be more crafty things. My far-away friends say that my blog lets them know where my life is at haha

How would you describe your blog in 5 words?

Hmmm…. I hope it’s fun….friendly...and a little random. I had no idea what to say for this one. I’d be curious to hear how other people describe my blog!

What’s your favorite part about blogging?

Definitely the connections I’ve made! It seems so cliche to say, but I love having a whole new way to meet people and build relationships. It’s also proven to be a fun way to really think out loud and sort out thoughts.

What’s your least favorite part about blogging?

Just as much as the connections are awesome, they can be a little disheartening at times. Every so often you read those posts about the nasty sides of other blogging and people feeling down on themselves because of various negative relationships in the blog world. Those always make me a little frustrated but it’s really a true to life relationship - both the good and bad. But that’s kinda cool in it’s own right, isn’t it?

What are your favorite foods and desserts during Thanksgiving?

Stuffing. It’s not even a question. I will forgo all other foods and desserts if I could just finish up the stuffing my uncle makes every year. Now I’m hungry!

Living in the Northeast means Snow! Love it or hate it?

It’s so bittersweet. I work for a school so snow days are just as exciting today as they were growing up - which I love! A lawn covered in snow is so beautiful and a fun part of the holiday season… but after a few storms I’m just over it. When you get a little bit of snow it negatively affects your morning commute and when you get a lot of snow it just turns everything into a gross mess! Piles of grey snow in parking lots are much less attractive than that initial snowfall haha.

1 comment :

  1. You're too sweet, Melissa! Thanks for including me in your post :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!