Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday #11

http://inspirationfeed.com/inspiration/typography-inspiration/60-bold-typographical-statements-from-wordboner/
http://colleensgroi.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/art-words-life-9-art-is/art-quote/
http://www.yourbeautifullife.org
I'm not sure why, but November has felt a little off. Maybe it's the mood swinging weather or the daylight savings time change, but I can't seem to grasp the same inspiration from previous months. In August, I went to TxSC. In September, I was trying new outfits. In October, I was full of Halloween costume ideas. When last week came around, I was back to square one. In need of some inspiration , I finally caught up on reading my magazines, did some laundry cause it makes me feel organized, and watched season 3 of New Girl. It's the little things in life.

By the end of the weekend, I put together some colorful outfits, came up with a list of new DIY's, and decided to put more time into my hobbies. One of those hobbies being painting. After typing that, I realize it sounds so much cooler than it really is. The truth is, I paint those "paint by numbers". I mean, I'm not doing a 5 year old's craft project, but I'm not an expert either. I guess you could say, I'm at an intermediate level. It takes a lot of mixing and close attention to detail in order to keep the colors consistent, but I love it. Though sometimes if I'm feeling rebellious, I'll mix my own colors to keep it interesting! But seriously, it adds color and helps when you start running out of paint. I started a painting of a tiger over the summer and never quite got back to it. I'm thinking it'll be a fun project for the weekend, especially with a hot cup of tea!

It's the artsy hobbies like painting and dancing that get my creativity going. With today's Words of Wisdom quotes, I found that art is everywhere and anywhere. As corny as it is, we're all works of art. The more we live our lives, the more colorful our pieces of art. Think about it, when's the last time you sat down and sketched or doodled in your notebook? Try it out, you might surprise yourself and find some inspiration at the same time. Do you have any artsy hobbies? Where do you find inspiration?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!