Thursday, December 26, 2013

BINGE WORTHY: Scandal

It's the holiday season and most of you are probably out of school or taking a couple days off work. While being productive sounds so good in our heads, we usually end up staying home doing absolutely nothing. Who can blame us though? It's vacation time. I don't know about you, but vacation time usually includes a little bit hours of Netflix. And while the movie selection isn't all that, the TV series options are endless!

Now let me say, I've seen some amazing shows growing up. At the least the ones my parents let me watch. They included the typical themes of romance and comedy, sometimes action, but usually the former. A couple weeks ago, I decided to try Scandal. Now I'll admit I don't usually watch regular crime dramas, but the whole forbidden romance aspect got me. Two episodes in and I was hooked. Almost every episode ends with a cliffhanger! As I watch the episodes on Netflix, I always wonder how I would have made it an entire week without knowing what comes next. As if Kerry Washington doesn't already wear the most classy outfits, she's a beauty with a brain...minus the whole mistress thing. But before I ruin the whole series for you, let me say it never gets old. Shonda Rhimes is a fabulous writer* and keeps you at the edge of your seat. If you're a fan of Grey's Anatomy, you already know that. Personally, I can't do the doctor drama series, but it's also on Netflix in case you're interested.

Now that you're just dying to watch Scandal, grab a snack and prepare to stay glued to your couch for the rest of the day. It's going to get good! Have you seen it before? Team Fitz or Team Jake? I might be back at work today, but my head is still in vacation mode...so I'll say Team Fitz! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas yesterday and stay warm!

*Just found out Shonda Rhimes also wrote Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement, my guilty pleasure. Chris Pine and Anne Hathaway were perfect together, even if this scene didn't make it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!