Monday, December 23, 2013

DIY Gift Box

By now, you're most likely done shopping for gifts. If not, you're in luck when it comes to savings. I don't think there's a single store not having a crazy sale right now. If you're done, give yourself a pat on the back! It's time for my favorite part, gift wrapping. In our family, it's become a tradition to wrap all the gifts on Christmas eve. We choose our wrapping paper, boxes, and bags, get some tape and scissors, and then split up to wrap our gifts!

When it comes to wrapping a smaller present, I usually stick with crafting my own gift box. It's a little something I learned from Girl Scouts many years ago. But let me tell you, I just about had my own business selling these little boxes. I sold them at holiday bazaars, to my parents' co-workers, family members, friends and more. Eventually I grew older and the homework load got bigger, leaving me little time to make boxes. While my fake business died out, I still enjoy making these boxes during the holiday season. Follow along with me and craft your own today!

Supplies:
Holiday Card
Ruler
Scissors
Pencil
Tape(I recommend double-sided tape)

Directions:
1. Cut holiday card in half.
2. Use the ruler to lightly draw lines corner to corner
3. You should have created an "X"
4. Fold the top half of the card until it touches the center of the "X", repeat with bottom
5. Fold the left half of the card until it touches the center of the "X", repeat with right
6. Erase the "X"
7. Cut along the vertical line in each corner
8. Tape together two tabs on each end of the card
9. Fold over the remaining pieces of card and tape down
10. Repeat on opposite card side

For all you last minute gift wrappers, I hope you find some inspiration from my DIY project! Not only does it take less than 10 minutes, it's extremely helpful when you've run out of the standard jewelry gift boxes. We've all been there, so try it out and let me know what you think. If you have any questions, just send me a message. Happy gift wrapping!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!