Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Bucket List

December is finally here!! It's time to pull out the decorations and play the Christmas tunes! Growing up, it was a family tradition to wait until after turkey day for all the holiday decorations. Helped us learn to appreciate the two holidays separately, you know? Except Thanksgiving came late this year and with the recent traveling, we haven't had time to put up anything. Because the Christmas decorations usually take a whole day, I'll have to wait patiently for the weekend to come.

In the mean time, I decided to make a holiday bucket list! I may have been a little ambitious with my fall bucket list, seeing as how I only completed half the list, oops. Though to be fair, Fall barely made its presence this weekend. You'll have to excuse the future fall outfits in December, at least until it gets cold again. Luckily, the weather can't mess with any of the items on my bucket list this time around.

1. I may not be the biggest fan of hot cocoa, but add a little peppermint and I'm a happy camper. The peppermint flavor is delicious, and don't forget the marshmallows!

2. The Trail of Lights is one of my favorite Austin traditions. If you're visiting the Austin area during December, I highly recommend making a stop here. It's a beautiful path of Christmas lights, holiday entertainment, seasonal foods, and even Santa's house! I've gone almost ever year and I'm still in awe every time.

3. Writing handwritten cards has always been important to me. It takes a lot of time, but it's completely worth it. With the Christmas season upon us, I'd love to send out some cards to old friends and share some holiday spirit!

4. My list of favorite holiday movies could go on forever, but watching A Charlie Brown Christmas is at the top of my list. Snoopy and his decorated dog house gets me every time!

5. When I was younger, my sister and I would leave lots of goodies for Santa. Sometimes even carrots, for the reindeer of course. To this day, I still love baking cookies on Christmas eve. And anytime of the year really. The snowman sugar cookies just happen to be my favorite ;)

6. Every ornament has a special story behind it. I'm hoping to share a fun DIY ornament so you have a story to remember too. Whether it's for someone special, your own tree, or a DIY party with friends, it's the perfect way to add a personal touch!

7. Who doesn't like making snowflakes? It's fun, easy, and you can't mess up! It's my favorite way to add some winter decoration on a budget.

8. I love dressing up, but I never have any holiday parties to attend. This year I sort of jumped the gun and bought a holiday dress two months ago, oh well. Now I just need somewhere I can wear it!

Have you put up all your Christmas decorations yet?  What are some of your favorite holiday traditions? Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment :

  1. Love your blog!!!=)

    http://hotlittlewhitedress.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!