Monday, December 9, 2013

So You Wanna Learn to Code

http://www.hannaskoog.com/home-office-2/
Blogger or not, learning to code is becoming extremely important. I saw a sign for a coding workshop at the library a couple weeks ago and read something about how the next generation will learn to code as we once learned to read and write. Crazy, right? (Or is it just me?) While our elders may struggle with using a computer now, we're going to be in the same boat. And as if cellphones and computers don't change enough, now we have to learn coding!

Personally, I've always wanted to learn about programming. If may or not have mentioned it before, but I actually started out studying computer engineering in college. What happened, you're asking? Physics. Simply put, that was the end of my engineering career. As a communication major though, I was lucky enough to learn some HTML and CSS. While it's come in handy for blogging, I'm still not an expert. Thanks to Google and blogger tutorials, I've made it this far.

Recently, a friend told me about a little site called Codecademy! I'm hooked. You can learn to code a variety of languages at anytime or anywhere. It's sort of like coding for dummies. Did I mention it's completely free? I started out with JavaScript and feel like I could actually use this in the future. If this ends well, I'll definitely be starting another language. Might as well, am I right?

Have you ever wanted to learn coding? Need some extra practice for school, work, or your blog? Just give it a try, you won't be sorry! It's a nice break from Netflix and something new to pick up during the holiday break. Until then, keep warm and hope you're enjoying the fun tunes and pretty lights everywhere :) Happy Monday, lovelies!

2 comments :

  1. What an incredible resource! I've been really wanted to up my skills for sure, so I will definitely be checking that out.


    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely good to know. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!