Friday, December 20, 2013

Sweetest Time of Year

I'm coming clean, y'all. Desserts aren't my thing. I know, I think about this every time I say it. Being picky has both advantages and disadvantages though. On one hand, I won't be tempted to stuff my face with sweets everyday. Unless of course it was a box of sugar cookies, my main weakness. On the other hand, I skip out on trying something new that might actually taste good. I'm thinking one of my new years resolutions might include trying new foods. Might as well try, right?

Even though I'm not into rich chocolate cakes or crisp apple pies, I like to think I'm closely related to the cookie monster. Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Probably me. Who knew so much goodness could be found in such tiny shapes? Sprinkles, M&Ms, etc. The options are endless when it comes to making cookies! With Christmas in just 5 days, I've been searching for the perfect cookie recipe. Don't get me wrong, the Pillsbury ready-to-go cookies are delicious, but baking your own cookies with family and friends is priceless! They all look delicious, don't they?

Aside from any last minute Christmas shopping errands you might be running this weekend, take a break and bake some fresh cookies! Get a head start on Santa's cookies or treat yourself, it is the holiday season after all. The butter drop cookies are my favorite and only take a few ingredients, my favorite kind of recipe. Enjoy the weekend and happy baking!

1 comment :

  1. Oh my gosh, I want cookies so bad right now! I feel like I need to hit the gym now with this post! Love it.


    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!