Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday #14

http://theeverylastdetail.com/thursday-tips-end-the-comparison/
http://sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/feel-good-friday.html 
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/20/be/d8/20bed8f2115e50f8d3d5c5f555cb5616.jpg
Comparing yourself to others. Such a bad habit of mine. To stop it is easier said than done, but it's always there, in the back of my mind. Theodore Roosevelt's quote is one of my favorites. Even though I can't stop my comparative thoughts entirely, his words are a nice reminder to escape the negativity. Can you imagine how happy everyone would be if we just took a daily moment to appreciate something about ourselves. Whether it's your eyes, writing skills, punctuality, or athletic talents, remember it's yours. Each of us is unique, and we all have that special something. It's a waste of time and life to compare yourself.

When it comes to blogging, these quotes are especially important. The blogging world is huge, much bigger than I'd ever expected. When I find a new blog, it's hard not to compare my own. I have to remind myself that this blog is my space to write what I want, wear what I like, and share something I'm interested in. I constantly catch myself wishing I could post daily outfit posts like Kendi or Julia, but that's not what I wanted for my blog. I love sharing a favorite outfit, but I rather enjoy writing about new things during the rest of the week too.

Do you resonate with any of these quotes? Know any similar quotes? Remember to ignore those negative thoughts and see how you feel when you appreciate yourself. Hope you're having a fun week! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!