Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Before the Screen

via
You may remember my reading list from last summer. Well, it didn't turn out so great in the end. I finished a couple, but I also read other books that never made the list. Sticking to a list can be difficult though, especially when I'm constantly adding new books to the top of my list.

The biggest trend I've noticed lately, is that I sure like those "book to big screen" titles. It's interesting to see how the movie differs from your own interpretation. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, One Day, The Silver Lining's Playbook, Memoirs of a Geisha, etc. All wonderful books, with almost just as amazing movies. I love watching the movie directors bring the books to life with every detail and line.

I recently finished Memoirs of a Geisha this month and couldn't put it down! Luckily for me, the full movie was available on Youtube. Don't you love when that happens? Keeping in line with my new years resolution, I've decided to start a new monthly series in which I read a book before it hits the big screen. That's just one book per month and I can treat myself with a trip to the movies afterwards!

via
I know Memoirs of a Geisha came out years ago, but it still falls into the book to movie category. It'll let it slide for the month of January, but next month I plan on reading "The Fault in Our Stars." The movie doesn't come out until June, but I read a little snippet yesterday and I'm already hooked! John Green is a fantastic author.

Let me know what you think of the new series or if you know of any books I should read next! I've heard good things about Divergent, but I'm not sure it's my cup of tea. Anyone read it lately? This series isn't meant to become a book club, but feel free to read with me if you're interested! 

6 comments :

  1. Ahh, Memoirs with a Geisha. I was obsessed with that book! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to read more. I used to love reading but it gets harder to find the time. I did read memoirs of a geisha and it was indeed a great book!

    xo

    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fault In Our Stars is such a great book! I was surprised how quickly I went through it! If you liked the Hunger Games, there's a chance you'll like the Divergent series. If you ever want to give it a try, I can loan you the first book to see if you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved TFiOS! All my friends raved about Divergent and the movie looks good so I plan on reading it soon. I'll let you know what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I might have to take you up on that offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might start reading Divergent next, especially with it coming out so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!