Friday, January 31, 2014

Goodwillista

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but this week was whack. Unnecessary amounts of traffic, another snow day(more like icy roads), and then I got a cold! I'm so ready for the weekend and a little retail thrifting therapy. With recent career changes, this girl's gotta amp up her wardrobe a bit. I'm definitely looking to invest in the work essentials, but I'm also on a limited budget. Which brings me to this month's favorite blogger, Danielle of Goodwillista! This girl can seriously thrift. Thanks to her tips, I've found some amazing steals at my own local thrift stores.


If you've doubted thrifting in the past, think again, Danielle will prove you wrong with each of her outfits. Like most bloggers, she shares the details for each of her outfits. The major different though, are the awesome deals she scored! You can check out a few of my favorite posts here, here, and here. After you read Danielle's interview, make sure to visit Goodwillista for some style inspiration!


When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I started blogging the summer of 2012 after realizing a trend going on… Someone would tell me that they loved my shirt/pants/scarf/etc., and naturally I’m one of those people who has to tell you where I got it, so I’d tell them, “Goodwill!” and they were always in shock! So, I decided to start a blog to inspire others that you can still look great without spending a fortune!

Describe your personal style.

Ohhh that’s always a tough one for me! I’ve never really thought there was a word(s) to describe my style.  To me my style is just plain and simply “me.”

Where do you find inspiration for new blog posts?

Most of my posts are outfit posts, so most of my inspiration comes from what I come up with in my own closet.  If I’m feeling uninspired by myself, I turn to Pinterest and see how other bloggers styled something I already own.

How would you describe your blog in 5 words?

Umm thrifty, cheap, simple, fun, and easygoing. Dang that was 6!

What’s your favorite part about blogging?

I started this blog to inspire others, so what I really love is hearing from other’s that my blog inspired them, and that they went thrifting and found great stuff! I also love reading other blogs and connecting with other bloggers!

What’s your least favorite part about blogging?

The fact that it’s on the computer haha. I stare at a computer screen all day long at work, so sometimes it’s hard to want to sit in front of the screen to write a blog post once I’m home.

What are your top 3 thrifting tips?

1. Be open minded/ try things on.
2. Dig, dig, dig- that Michael Kors dress isn’t going to be hanging on the edge of the rack staring at you.
3. Be persistent- you’ve got to keep trying even when you leave empty handed a few times.

Any resolutions for 2014?

I really need to get back into the habit of thrifting more often! With moving and starting a new career, I really haven’t been as much as I used to.  I also would like to get more creative with my blog pictures. I work in a downtown area that has really good potential for great photos, but I need to get over my fear of taking outfit selfies with my tripod in public!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so jealous of all the amazing things that she finds! I wish I had more patience when thrifting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!