Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014!

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a fun time with friends and family. Now that 2013 is in the past, it's time to sit back and enjoy the year ahead of us! It's a little frightening when you don't know what's to come(especially when you're a planner like myself), but I feel that making small resolutions puts me at ease, while still giving me something to work towards during the year.

When the clock stroke midnight, I honestly hadn't made up my mind about new year's resolutions. Last year I wanted to wear more dresses and take vitamins. As you'll see below, they're on the list again. I can definitely say I wore more skirts this year, but I can't help but feel overdressed every time I put on a dress. The whole vitamins thing didn't work mainly because I neglected to buy any until late in the year. Also, I only took them when I remembered...which is probably why they lasted so long. So even though I didn't do a perfect job of keeping these resolutions, here's to a new year and new resolutions!

Read More: You may recall my reading list over the summer. Turns out I only read 4 of the 10 books. I still read more than 4 books all year, it's just some of them didn't happen to make the list. This year I'd like to make a goal of reading at least 12 books. If I finished a book today, even if I started reading it last year, does that still count? Let's just pretend it does.

Volunteer More: College included lots of extracurricular/volunteer activities, so after graduating I decided to find new ways to get involved. I now volunteer for a local animal shelter and the food bank. It's a small way of giving back and something I enjoy, so I'd like to keep it up during the new year.

Run More: After reading about my journey with running, you all know how important it is to me. Running in my first 5K was an incredible experience, but this year I want to challenge myself. A 10K doesn't sound so bad, but a half marathon definitely scares me. I'm thinking I'll take it one race at a time.

Dress Up More: Instead of just wearing more dresses, I'd like to dress up more often. It doesn't mean wearing fancy dresses or heels all the time, it means trying new outfits. My personal style is always changing, but this will help me learn to own it, every time.

Take Vitamins: Like I said before, it's all about reminding myself to actually take them. Since I have the vitamins, there is no excuse not to take them! Is it crazy if I want a pill organizer? At least I'd have a daily reminder, right?

Do you believe in resolutions? Have you made any for the new year? If not, it's not too late ;) Happy Thursday, y'all!

8 comments :

  1. I haven't set any resolutions, but I usually dont lol. I kinda like to see where the year takes me. That's probably a crazy thing, but it's fun! I love your health goals. I may not have a list of goals, but staying healthy is always a top priority! I do hope to run my buns off once this baby is born and I'm in the clear to get my feet going again. I miss it! Happy New Year and cheers to all your resolutions. I hope 2014 rocks your world in all the best ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Melissa! Hope 2014 is fab for you, and I just might copycat some of your resolutions. Some ones I could definitely make use of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same resolution to read more as well! I only read two books last year, and I used to be the kid who would read three books at barnes and nobles-- and then come home with four more!

    I hope you accomplish all your goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, reading is the best! I definitely think it's an extra source of inspiration when it comes to blogging too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It'll be tough in the beginning, but definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a smart idea! A healthy lifestyle is always at the top of my list too. Maybe after a couple months you can even take the baby out for a stroller ride in the park! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just buy gummy vitamins. Then you'll never want to stop taking them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep telling myself I should do that, they're so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!