Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How 'bout a 10K?

via
I've talked about my journey with running numerous times already, but it's time for a bigger goal. You might remember my new year's resolutions and how I wanted to run more in 2014...well, I have and I haven't. I know it's only January, but hey, we're almost 1/12 of the way done with the year! What's a better way to get some new motivation for running, besides new workout gear? Signup for a 10K!

Looking at the number just freaks me out. Speaking lightly, I know it's only 6.2 miles; but it's also twice as much as the 5K I ran in late October! Luckily, I have 73 days to build up my stamina, run mini 5K's, and practice my breathing technique. Ideally, I'd like to be able to run the entire race, but it's going to take some major practice. Challenge Accepted. Side note: I think I deserve this shirt, right? It'd sure be a fun shirt to wear during the 10K ;)

Instead of blaming daylight savings, I've finally given into using the treadmill. I love running outside, but I can't always depend on the sun to be shining when I get home. Already counting down the days till March 9th! I miss those long sunny days, don't you? It makes me so happy to see the sunset during an evening run. The air is cool and the sky is gorgeous, how much better can you get?

With the date officially set in my planner, the challenge begins now! Here's to upcoming weeks of going the extra mile and sprinting towards the finish line. Have you set any new goals recently? Ever ran a 10K before? I'd love to hear any tips! Happy Wednesday, y'all!

P.S. The winner of the 99 Problems Book Giveaway is Anna!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!