Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January Wishlist

With the start of a new year, I decided it's time to find some year round accessories and try out some new products. I know it's barely January, but I'm tired of looking at coats and warm accessories. Don't let the pretty snowflakes deceive you, because the Texas weather has brought nothing but sunshine and warm temps this week. I just want to pull out my summer clothes already! The only bad part about the changing temps is when your skin can't handle it. Finding good products to keep your skin happy is a fine beauty resolution for 2014, no?

Sunnies: I have a mild obsession with sunglasses. There are so many colors and shapes, I can't ever choose just one pair. I can't get over the shape of these glasses, plus there's a cat-eye accent - my favorite! With all the recent sunshine, these would be my ideal pair of shades.

Cleanser: I'm a loyal fan of Neutrogena. It's affordable and always seems to do my skin well. For the past year, I've used the Oil-Free Acne Wash and it seemed to prevent breakouts. In recent months and colder temps, my skin was feeling dryer than normal. After reading the reviews on the Ultra Gentle Cleanser, I decided to try this out instead and so far I'm loving it!

Print: In the midst of finding office space inspiration, I remembered this print. This was one of the first quotes I saw after starting my blog. It's so important to remember your webpage is "your" space and you shouldn't compare it to another. I'd love to have this print sitting at my desk!

Lip Color: Remember this lip stain from a previous wishlist? Turns out I was lucky enough to receive a Sephora gift card for Christmas! When I tried on the Stila colors, I was blown away by how bold the color looked in the mirror. Sort of over the top for me. I looked around at the different brands and finally came across the Sephora collection. With a wider variety of colors, I was able to find the perfect pink red color without the crazy boldness!

Boots: I've seen these everywhere: magazines, blogs, the mall, etc. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about them at first, but now I have SO many ideas for how to wear them - any season of the year! I've got a short pair of taupe western booties, but they're just not the same. I think these black beauties would make a nice addition to my shoe closet.

Clutch: I have my fair share of bags - big and small, but I have yet to find the perfect clutch. While interning with Profugo, I was lucky enough to see the various bags firsthand. This clutch has always been my favorite, but it usually sells out too quickly! With a little bit of saving, I'm hoping to make this clutch all mine ;)

Which accessories are you looking to add to your 2014 wardrobe? Have you tried out any new beauty products this year? Let me know what's on your wishlist this month! Also, if you haven't entered my GIVEAWAY yet, make sure to leave comment with your email address for a chance to win a signed copy of "99 Problems but a Baby Ain't One!" Happy Hump Day, lovelies!

7 comments :

  1. I have that cleanser! I love it because it's so mild. Also diggin those black booties and that print. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still looking for the perfect flat boot, I got some great purple ones but I mean, they are purple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on the hunt for a perfect pair of black booties, and there's always something I don't love about every pair I find. That print is so sweet! I think I have that lip product as well from Sephora, or a similar one from their line. My only problem with it is that it transfers, unlike some other stains I've tried. Since I started wearing glasses I haven't bought very many pairs of sunglasses. Once it warms up I want to get another pair or two and break out the contacts!

    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm convinced the cleanser is working already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have too many shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean - there are too many to choose from. After posting this, I found another pair of leather booties I like better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!