Monday, January 13, 2014

Office Space Inspiration

I know it's only January, but I decided to get a jump start on spring cleaning over the weekend. It was 60 degrees after all, here in Texas that is. Also, my room was starting to resemble that of a room hit by multiple tornadoes. After tripping on a pair of new boots, I knew it was time to clean up. Aside from my clothes and shoes covering the floor, my desk was cluttered with junk mail and magazines I've yet to read - forcing me to find a new desk, aka my bed. I know it's a bad habit, but I think we'd all prefer pillows and blankets over a desk chair any day, am I right?

As I tackled my desk this weekend, I came to realize how boring my desk space really is. At the current moment, my desk space consists of tiny trinket boxes, stacked magazines, business cards, a picture frame, and old fake flowers. While I think these pieces have potential for creating a better office space, there's nothing stopping me from cluttering the desk and returning to my bed in coming weeks. To prevent myself from falling into the same old habit, I've decided it's time to reinvent my desk space! Knowing me though, it's going to take a long time...but look at all this inspiration!

via
via
via
via
via
My desk may be ancient, but it has plenty of space for some of these decor ideas. With all this inspiration, I might even find some DIY projects! How do you decorate your desk space? Any tips for staying organized and preventing clutter? Here's to a fabulous week, darlings!

2 comments :

  1. One of my favorite things to look at on Pinterest is office spaces. I've never really been super satisfied with my office. Right now I think it's the best it's ever been, and I'll be taking it all down and moving before long. Oh well. It's also good to have an inspiring space to actually make you want to sit as your desk. I'm super guilty of taking my laptop in bed too! Part of me wants to get a desktop just so that won't happen anymore.


    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting up elsewhere will be a fun opportunity to create a new look with new inpsiration! I agree with the desktop idea, but buying an iMac is WAY out of my budget right now. Someday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!