Friday, January 3, 2014

The Last Resolution

photography
http://weheartit.com/entry/59014221/via/larissa_abigail
As I was getting ready for bed last night, I added one more thing to my new year's resolution list. I know we're in the third day of the year already, but this one's important: SLEEP MORE. I'm sure a lot of y'all can relate. Whether it's college, work, or running errands all day; we're constantly on the go. By the time we hit the pillows, we have a couple hours to sleep and then it starts all over again.

It's hard to get 7-8 hours of sleep every day. When we finally do sleep 8 hours perfectly, we usually wake up groggy and decide that's never happening again. My sleep schedule was whack during college and varied every semester. I may be a night owl by nature, but who doesn't enjoy a goodnight's sleep? By the end of college, I think I finally had it down. Once I was able to get those 7-8 hours consistently, I woke up happily, no matter how early it was. Getting those hours can be refreshing, but it's all about the consistency. Let me tell you though, it's completely worth it!

Are you an early bird or night owl? How do you get enough sleep every night? Do you have your own nightly routine? Personally, I like to give myself 15 minutes before I go to sleep. Gives me a chance to break away from technology(computer, TV, phone, etc.), wash up for bed, and say a little prayer for you. Happy Friday and cheers to a year of more zzz's!

7 comments :

  1. i definitely need to get more sleep but it's so hard when things get busy! gotta get better at this.

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love love love to sleep more. Between classes, friends, homework, and your job time adds up and before you know it the sun is rising and you drink another cup of coffee, throw some make up and tell yourself you look good with bags under your eyes. Sleeping more is a great idea, missed that bandwagon!


    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. PREACH! I need to sleep more, I'm always so cranky and groggy during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an early bird, lol. It's good to sleep all 7-8hrs! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yeah, we've all been there. Sleep is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'll ever be an early bird, but I'm slowly working my way towards 7-8 hours again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes 6 hrs is somehow perfect for me. Anything more or less is trouble :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!