Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY: Tassel Garland

Some tassel garland for my room!
My first DIY of the year is finally here! With all the office/desk decor inspiration lately, I've been itching to create my own tassel garland. I originally planned on making some garland for my desk space at work, but by the time I finished, it was decided my room needs some too. And why not? It's easy, chic and adds the perfect pop of color to any area. If you're in need of some new home decor, pull out some tissue paper and get to crafting with my DIY!

Supplies:
Tissue Paper (got a whole packet at the dollar store!)
String (found in my craft drawer)
Scissors
Total Cost: $1

Directions:
1. Fold a tissue paper sheet in half
2. Fold the sheet in half to make a square
3. Fold the sheet in half to make a rectangle
4. Leaving 1-2 inches at the folded top, cut thin strips across the sheet
5. Unfold the sheet once and cut the sheet in half
At this point you should have two thin sheets with cut strips and a larger sheet that needs to be cut in half.
6. Cut larger sheet in half
7. Gently roll-up each sheet from the middle
8. Tightly twist the middle of each sheet
9. Fold the twisted part to create a circle
10. Tightly twist the middle until the circle is small enough for the string

Repeat steps 1-10 for each color sheet and then add to string. Depending on the string size, you may need to leave a smaller or bigger hole for each tassel. Feel free to get creative and pick as many colors as you like! Just remember, each sheet makes four tassels.

Hope you enjoyed this DIY project! I don't know about you, but I'm already picking out the color scheme for my next tassel garland. Aren't they the cutest? Makes me want to throw a party, that way I have places to hang all the extra tassels ;) Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions or don't understand a step, I'd be happy to help! Happy Thursday, lovelies!

2 comments :

  1. What a cute, simple, and cheap little crafty project to add some punch to a dull work area!

    -Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!