|Some tassel garland for my room!|
Tissue Paper (got a whole packet at the dollar store!)
String (found in my craft drawer)
Total Cost: $1
1. Fold a tissue paper sheet in half
2. Fold the sheet in half to make a square
3. Fold the sheet in half to make a rectangle
4. Leaving 1-2 inches at the folded top, cut thin strips across the sheet
5. Unfold the sheet once and cut the sheet in half
At this point you should have two thin sheets with cut strips and a larger sheet that needs to be cut in half.
6. Cut larger sheet in half
7. Gently roll-up each sheet from the middle
8. Tightly twist the middle of each sheet
9. Fold the twisted part to create a circle
10. Tightly twist the middle until the circle is small enough for the string
Repeat steps 1-10 for each color sheet and then add to string. Depending on the string size, you may need to leave a smaller or bigger hole for each tassel. Feel free to get creative and pick as many colors as you like! Just remember, each sheet makes four tassels.
Hope you enjoyed this DIY project! I don't know about you, but I'm already picking out the color scheme for my next tassel garland. Aren't they the cutest? Makes me want to throw a party, that way I have places to hang all the extra tassels ;) Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions or don't understand a step, I'd be happy to help! Happy Thursday, lovelies!