Tuesday, February 18, 2014

FITspiration

FITspiration
With less than two months away from my first 10K, I’m starting to realize what I signed up for. The number is starting to scare me all over again. I’ve had both good and bad days while training, but I still haven’t found a consistent routine that works for me. Adjusting to this new work schedule is taking a little longer than expected. If anything, I've definitely been feeling more creative! But while my editorial list continues to grow, I’m struggling to find a balance between running and writing.

To create my own source of inspiration, I've put together a fitspiration board. One of my favorite fitness bloggers, Cassey Ho from Blogilates, came up with a great idea to create your own inspiration piece this month. By this time of year, many of us fall off the new year's resolutions wagon. If you're holding strong, kudos to you! It's not easy sticking with resolutions, but creating your own source of inspiration can be helpful. Whether it's a fun playlist, a new pinterest board, or a picture collage; you gotta pick what works for you!

Shoes: I love me a good pair of running shoes, especially with all the bright colors! These aren't so bright, but did you see the purple leopard print? Two of my favorite things together, yes please.

Headphones: I prefer listening to music when I run, but I appreciate a good pair of headphones that stay put during the whole run. These Beats headphones might be way out of my price range, but did I mention they're sweat-resistant? How cool is that!

TKO - JT: I don't know what it is, but this song is my favorite running jam. It might have to do with JT talking about me training for the gold or my crazy bod, jk. But seriously, the way he sings the chorus is super catchy, am I right? #fangirlproblems

Blogilates Tank: Cassey Ho has come up with a bunch of great fitness quote tanks, but this one is specifically for running. It also has hearts, my weakness. As of now, I have a billion t-shirts and one motivation shirt. I think this situation calls for a Blogilates tank!

Quote: It's not so much a quote, but it's definitely a daily reminder of how healthy living results in a healthy body. It takes both healthy food choices and regular exercising to be the best that we can be!

Half-Marathon Sticker: I know I'm only training for a 10k, but a half marathon is my ultimate goal for the year. I can't wait for the day I can place that sticker on my own vehicle. I can already see it ;)

Cute dog: Running has always been a great way to clear my mind, but it's also a great way to get my dog some exercise. It's a great motivation when you've got a canine buddy! It might take some training at first, but once they've got the hang of it, you've got yourself a new running partner.

Have you kept up with your resolutions this year? How do you stay motivated? If you make your own inspiration board, feel free to leave the link. I'd love to see them! Happy Tuesday, fellow dreamers!
P.S. I donated my hair yesterday, 14 inches gone! See new hair HERE :)

3 comments :

  1. Love those running shoes! After I run my first 5K I'm buying a new pair and those are in the running no pun intended! lol

    xo

    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highheels & TutusFebruary 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM

    Good luck in achieving your goal

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun goal! It's definitely worth the investment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!