Thursday, February 27, 2014

Springtime Floral Skirt

Just when I felt Spring was here, the clouds rolled in with a serious cold front. Oh, Austin. I can't say I'm surprised, but a girl can dream, right? Luckily, warmer weather is headed our way once again. Just in time for Snowcone season! That's right, y'all. March 1st is just around the corner. It's also pretty much the first day of Spring in Austin. Fingers crossed it actually stays warm!

 
Sweater: H&M (old) || Skirt: Forever 21 (old) || Booties: Old Navy || Watch: Lulu's || Rings: Aldo
With the temperatures still making up their mind, it's time to start creating those transition outfits between winter and spring. I usually think back to the transition between fall and winter, minus the darker tones. As if the long hair doesn't give it away, these outfit photos were taken a while ago. This was one of my favorite outfits during the winter, along with my green ribbed tights, but it never quite made it on the blog. Soon after I took the photos, the polar vortex hit and this outfit wasn't looking so realistic anymore - especially with those leaves!

Now that Spring's just around the corner, it's the perfect time to share this outfit! With floral prints still on trend, this girl is one happy camper. Not gonna lie, this skirt is super old; but I could wear it forever! I paired it with my sparkly sweater to leave the focus on the floral print and added my taupe booties because again, they go with everything! I'll be sad to put them away for summer, but I can't forget about the booties of my dreams. I'll be wearing those booties all summer long.

What are your favorite winter to spring transition pieces? Are you loving all the floral prints this season? I don't know about you, but my floral print collection has been a wonderful investment with this everlasting trend. Might as well add a couple more pieces this season, am I right? If things continue, florals are never going out of style. Happy Thursday, lovelies!

3 comments :

  1. i love this outfit! sweaters over swingy skirts are some of my favorite transitional looks. speaking of favorite, what shade is your nail polish?? love it!


    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin does snowCONES and not snowBALLS? Louisiana is known for it's snowballs. I would have assumed that Austin was close enough to Louisiana to do the same considering I'd never heard of one until I got down to the Bayou. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowballs appear to be fluffier. Also, they come in more flavors, and it's a thing to pour condensed milk over the top of them in addition to the flavor. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty much the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!