Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sour, then Sweet.

Golden spring outfit
Romper || Earrings || Bracelet || Lip Balm || Sandals 
You've probably heard this line a bunch, it's the slogan to my favorite candy, Sourpatch kids. I may be picky, but when you put sour and sweet together, this girl is one happy camper. It doesn't get much better than that in my book. So you can imagine my excitement when I tasted a kumquat for the first time many years ago. If you're wondering what they are, you're not alone. Turns out half the workers at the grocery store don't know either. In short, they're a small orange fruit with a sweet skin and sour inside, but Wikipedia can give you the whole low down here.

If you're following my Instagram, you may have noticed the lovely picture of kumquats I picked up last week. They're back in season, y'all! I shamelessly filled my bag until the fruit basket was almost empty and may or may not have gone back the next day for more. It was the perfect snack this weekend, that is until the polar vortex returned Sunday evening. It seems one appearance isn't enough. Until Spring decides to come and stay, I'll continue daydreaming of the perfect spring outfits and all those bright colors - including the kumquat colored orange.

Have you ever tried a kumquat? If you like sourpatch kids at all, this fruit is a must try! What colors are you looking forward to wearing most this spring? I've seen a lot of cobalt and orchid, but I love this golden romper! Are you a fan of rompers? Happy Tuesday and stay warm!

2 comments :

  1. i NEED this romper. i never would have thought to look at JCP! the earrings are such an unexpected and fashionable pairing with the orangey-gold. also the heels on those sandals are making my heart sing. i've actually never had a kumquat, but your explanation makes me think it will be my favorite fruit!


    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy and gold are one of my favorite color combos, especially for summer! I'm obsessed with those sandals too, just hoping they go on sale or something. You HAVE to try them, they're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!