Monday, March 31, 2014

The Power of a Question

I've written about my love for music a couple of times, but up until now, I've failed to mention my obsession with concerts. You see, a concert is more than just a live show. It's a chance to see your favorite artist in person, watch them sing live, and gather with other crazy fans to sing every lyric and dance like a fool BeyoncĂ© or  [insert favorite artist here]. I'm on an absolute high, every time. And this weekend was no exception. I had the chance to attend the first ever iHeartRadio country music festival!

Wearing my new favorite maxi from Langford Market - more pics later!
iHeartRadio has hosted some incredible music festivals the past couple years, but sadly I never won tickets. It's tough, especially when you're texting along with the rest of the nation. So you can imagine my excitement when iHeartRadio announced the first country music festival was being held in the music capital of the world. After building a love for country music in the past year, here was my chance to see these artists live and all in one show! Like many fans, I tried to purchase tickets, but it sold out. Alas, I spent the next several weeks texting for a chance to win tickets and got nowhere.

With one week to go, the radio played country music festival commercials non-stop. Then two days before the show, I heard a new commercial with the news that tickets were still available for Austinites only. After weeks of coming to terms with the fact I wasn't going, I couldn't believe it. I searched for the best seats I could find, but everything was ridiculously expensive or had a terrible view. I waited in hopes that someone would sell their tickets for less, but it was just the opposite. In a final moment of desperation, I drove to the box office in hopes of buying tickets, but the seats were terrible and out of my price range. I sat in my car thinking it through, but I couldn't justify the purchase. As I turned around to back out of the parking space, a country radio station truck pulled up beside me. I stopped the car and call me a creeper, but I watched a woman step out of the truck and walk up to the box office to ask for her tickets. She was standing around waiting for the tickets when I decided to take a leap of faith. I walked up and asked if the station was giving away anymore tickets. She said the contests were over, but that she'd be glad to give me a couple tickets. My stomach dropped. She mentioned that they were all single seats and probably terrible seats, but at least I'd be there for the show. At this point, all I could do was agree. A couple moments later, they brought out her tickets. She pulled out the tickets and said enjoy the show! All I can say is I was at the right place at the right time, literally.

So close to the stage!
Saturday night, I saw the best concert of my life. It was a dream come true, y'all. Best of all, I went with the biggest country music fan I know, my brother. We danced like fools, sang every lyric to every song, and I screamed like a teenager - it was perfect. It didn't hurt that we actually had the best seats, two rows up from the floor. Things happen for a reason, and luckily it all worked out in the end. I still can't believe it, but that's a night I'll never forget.

Sometimes it takes a leap of faith. I may be quiet and shy, but asking a question goes a long way. The worst answer you'll receive is no, and that's kinda where you started, am I right? When in doubt, ask a question, you never know what will happen. So here's to the beginning of a new week and the end of a long month. Happy Monday, fellow dreamers!

1 comment :

  1. WOW. THOSE WERE REALLY GREAT SEATS. GLAD YOU HAD FUN!:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!