Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Almost Before the Screen

via
Remember how I made a resolution to read more? Then I went so far as to create a new series called "Before the Screen"? Well, the good news is I've read more, the bad news is that I'm missing the movie premieres. Example number one: Divergent. I know, it's been out for two weeks now. The only thing is that I'd been on the waiting list at the library for what felt like forever. But now, it's mine! The next two weeks will be strictly devoted to Divergent. I do NOT want to miss the movie in theaters!

After starting the book this weekend, I have to admit it's not as amazing as The Hunger Games, yet. It's very similar with the dystopian theme, but Suzanne Collins took it to another level with Katniss. It's hard not to compare the two, but this book started off a little slower, in my opinion. Now that I'm in chapter 9, things are definitely looking up. Can't wait to see it in theaters! I hear a certain actor from TFIOS is also in the Divergent move ;)

Have you read or seen Divergent yet? Is the book going to get better and better? What's on your reading list currently? Any ideas for my next book to read before the screen? I'm in serious need for new book ideas. Happy Wednesday, lovelies!

6 comments :

  1. I like this "Before the Screen" idea! Very clever! I try my best to do the same but since I work nights at Family Video, I usually have more time to read the book first because I wait until movies come out on DVD so I can get them for free from work. Also, by then I have usually avoided the library wait list lol


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive started reading the book but havent finished yet. cant wait to watch it though!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I forgot to loan you my copy! I could have saved you weeks of waiting. It really is hard not to compare the two. I did enjoy THG more but also appreciate that Roth started Divergent in college, crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same, it looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Never knew that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!