Monday, April 14, 2014

Shoe To Yourself

via
Remember that one link I shared? The one where I needed inspiration for wearing combat boots? I was desperate y'all. After buying my first pair of combat boots early January, I'd maybe worn them 3 times - including my latest outfit post. Even though they were a total steal and quality leather, I couldn't get myself to style them.

After constantly pinning pics of combat boot outfits, I'd rush to my closet in search of the similar items - but I hardly ever owned any. It first made me question my selection of basic pieces, and then I questioned my personal style. The thing is, I love the pieces in my closet. I bought each and every piece with a smile on my face. I wasn't going to change my style in order to wear one pair of boots. Honestly, I think they're great - just not for me.

As of yesterday, I returned the shoes. In a materialistic shopaholic sort of way, it was bittersweet. As much as I wanted them to work, it just wasn't in the cards. Maybe next year. But you know what? I found these beauties instead. Not only are they 100% me, they're going to go with everything this summer. If only the weather would make up its mind already. The temps are dropping in Austin, again - but I digress.

Ever bought a pair of shoes you weren't sure about? Are you a combat boots sort of gal? Share your combat boot outfit links below - I'd love to check them out! Remember ladies, stay Shoe To Yourself. And for old time's sake, enjoy this throwback. Happy Monday, lovelies!

2 comments :

  1. I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not as crazy about my combat boots as I was when I first bought them, but I don't really care for tall boots so my combat boots are my go to for the winter. Those sandals you linked to are so cute and way more practical for the hot weather that's on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get it. I guess I'm more of a tall boots girl, but I fell in love with my ankle booties this year. I love my new sandals though, I've been wearing them nonstop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!