Thursday, April 17, 2014

Uniquely You Challenge - Red Maxi

You may have noticed how much I enjoy storytelling, especially with the longer posts recently, so today I decided to participate in ModCloth's Uniquely You Challenge! It's easy and fun, a stylist sends me a picture of ModCloth's item of the week, I style it to my liking, and then write a fun story to go along. This week's item happens to be a lovely maxi dress in red, with a racerback detail! It's extremely simple, but that just makes it 100 times more fun to style ;)
Beach Outfit

I styled the Summer Night Stroll dress for a weekend at the beach using Wanelo. With a dress this versatile, it's comfortable enough for a walk on the boardwalk with your cutie or nice enough for brunch with the besties Sunday morning. To spice it up, I've added a couple fun accessories to create a nautical look perfect for a day on the sand.

Weekender Tote: Not only does this bag carry all your vacation essentials, it'll quickly transfer to the perfect beach bag. Towel, sunscreen, and magazines - everything will fit!

Floppy Hat: Aside from spring fedoras, floppy hats are my thing. They block the sun, make me feel like a royal, and save me from a bad hair day. Why not add one to this dress?

Wedges: I'll be honest, as much as I love maxi dresses, I'm never going to be tall enough for the average dress length. In my case, every maxi requires wedges or heels. These are adorable, plus they match the floppy hat!

Scarf: When styling solid dresses or shirts, I always add a scarf! Since I started blogging, I've become so aware of the prints and colors I mix together. This scarf creates the perfect nautical look and also works for Independence day - that's a win win in my book. ;)

Ring: With the hat and the scarf making up most of the outfit, I decided to keep the jewelry minimal. How cute is this octopus ring? It has beachy written all over it.

Hope you enjoyed my styling with ModCloth's Summer Night Stroll dress! How would you style it differently? Still on the look out for the perfect maxi dress this summer? Make sure to check out other cute dresses here. My favorites are here and here. Have a fabulous Thursday!

P.S. All opinions and thoughts are my own. I was not compensated to write or participate in this challenge, I just really love the color of this dress!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!