Monday, May 5, 2014

"Cinco De Mayo" Guacamole Recipe

Doesn't it look tasty?
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Although Latina, I grew up in a non-traditional Mexican American family. To be honest, the holiday usually meant another school project or an excuse to throw a party. Like most places, my work is hosting a Cinco de Mayo party with all the traditional dishes, including a guacamole contest. I should admit that I've never been a fan of guacamole - mostly because the texture, but also because it's green! #pickyeaterprobs

In lieu of trying new things, I decided to enter the contest! Have I ever made it before? Nope. Is it going to taste okay? I sure hope so. What are you thinking? Yay for trying new things! Really, the worst that could happen is people get sick I don't win. And so last night, I crafted my very own guacamole recipe! I wanted to share my recipe, but then I lost track of the measurements. It was late, y'all. Still, if you're up for a guessing game and own some of these ingredients - Good Luck!

Ingredients:

4 Medium Avocados
Pan Roasted Corn
1 ripe tomato - extra ripe works too, minus the seeds.
Freshly squeezed lime juice
Spoons of Jalapeño Juice - just enough for taste
Chopped cilantro
Chopped onion -watch out for your eyes!
Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper

In case you're wondering, I think it's terrific! Took a little while to make, but I also had no idea what I was doing. It gets easier, right? If you're brave enough, let me know how your guacamole turns out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!